200g 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
4 Organic eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
180g Coconut blossom sugar
150g almond flour
220g beetroot, cooked and puréed
Cocoa powder and flaked almonds for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Place the butter and chocolate into a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and leave to melt gently.
3. Beat together the eggs, vanilla and blossom sugar until, creamy. This should take at least 10 minutes.
4. Once the chocolate and butter have melted, add to the puréed beetroot and stir until combined.
5. Pour the beetroot mixture into the whisked eggs mixture and gently
6. fold in the almond flour or ground almonds.
7. Pour the mixture into a square baking tin, lined with baking paper, and bake in the oven for about 40–45 minutes or until just firm to the touch.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before carefully removing from the tin.
9. Dust the cake lightly with cocoa powder and perhaps flaked almonds.